As it was announced last year that the iconic 2019 series Euphoria is coming back for the second season in 2020, an exact date has yet to be proclaimed by HBO. What is the most interesting about season 2 is that a couple of new characters will be introduced, and hopefully played by auditionees who responded to the open casting call recently announced by HBO and A24.
The call for new characters was shared via various social media accounts and online. The auditions are for new speaking roles and will be handled by Jennifer Venditti in New York City and Jessica Kelly with Mary Vernieu in Los Angeles. All that is necessary for auditioning are above 18 years of age and a place of living anywhere in the US: “You must be 18 and older and based anywhere in the United States. No acting experience is necessary. If chosen, this is a paid opportunity.” With that being said, anyone can become the next member of such a widely acclaimed series.
The below speaking roles are up for the audition:
- Darian: 18+ to play 17. Any ethnicity. An outsider. Sensitive. Vulnerable. Mischievious. Definitely not the cool kid at school but one of the more interesting kids. Could struggle with addiction.
- Ray: 18+ to play 17. Any ethnicity. Attractive with an edge. Working-class. Pure heart. Scrappy but a fighter. Not verbose or educated but has all the words he needs. Attractive in a real and accessible way. Might be going nowhere in life but has a smile so genuine it’s not depressing.
- Ami: 18-20’s. Drug Addict. Stripper. Hates her boyfriend. Talks shit. Can’t read a room. Has a big mouth. Can make a bad situation worse.
- Serena: 50’s+, Caucasian. Sassy and tough. A real character. The kind of woman who partied her whole life and attended every White Snake concert and now she has several different hustles just to make a living.
- Lita: Female 40s. Any ethnicity. A foster mom with bills to pay. Seems like an average, regular person but can be a ruthless businesswoman if you cross her. Recur.
Given the time necessary for deciding on new actors, the second season shouldn’t be expected anytime soon this year—as the filming will officially begin in March—the eight new episodes may come later this fall.